Monthly Archives: April 2013

Tax Breaks for Charity Volunteers

If you volunteer your time for a charity, you may qualify for tax breaks.  Although no tax deduction is allowed for the value of services performed for a charity, some deductions are permitted for out-of-pocket costs incurred while performing the

Posted in Client Education

Where’s My Refund?

If you already filed your federal tax return and are due a refund, you can check the status of your refund online. Where’s My Refund?,-Easy,-and-Secure. is an interactive tool on the IRS web site.  Whether you split your refund

Posted in News

Are You Collecting the Needed W-9s?

If you use independent contractors to perform services for your business or rental that is a trade or business, and you pay them $600 or more for the year, you are required to issue them a Form 1099 after the

Posted in Client Education